Sunday, October 2, 2011

October One Means Halloween Fun!

Wow, this new way Blogger has of loading pictures is wierd. Not sure that I like it.
ANYWAYS, what I do like is that it's finally OCTOBER.  We looooove Halloween in this house. My sister introduced me to Pinterest (love her, curse her - it's so addicting) and I found all sort of fun Halloween things.  All I needed were some willing subjects. Cousins Aubrey and Brynley came over last night.
We started out with face painting and they turned out way better than I thought. Everyone was so still! Tear, they must be growing up.  After face painting, I gave them each a bowl full of candy and made them separate it while I mixed some cookies together.
Everything went into the cookie mix while they ate dinner.
Dinner courtesy of pinterest: Banana ghosts, pretzel and fruit roll up witches brooms with worms, an apple jack-o-lantern, grape witches, buggy pigs in a blanket and ghosty cheese sticks. You can see that B brought the kids some spooky goblets to drink their water from in the photo above.
 Sweet Brynley...and I mean "sweet." She is after her Aunt Kelly's heart with all of the candy she ate.

After dinner, we made pumpkins. I get aggravated that pumpkins start to decompose as soon as you carve them and then they are all moldy and stinky by Halloween.  We got these potato-head-like things a few years ago and Ace loves to change his pumpkin up throughout the month. (Then, we can just turn them around and they're pretty for Thanksgiving.)
 Everyone did a great job.

We did some serious dental damage trying to make candy necklaces. I found a cool skeleton candy necklace kit at HEB but these kids were way more interested in cracking their teeth on all of it.
We sampled our monster cookies and were thrilled with the result. We baked Sweet Sugar Belle's September recipe for "monster cookies".  Yum, yum, yum. (Will definitely chop up the candy corn next time.)
I thought we could make ourselves into mummies with toilet paper.  Let me just say that it was off within 30 seconds of me finishing and we clogged the toilet several times because of this bright idea. Can't blame them for putting toilet paper where it's supposed to go.  Next time...crepe paper.
Of course, Jonathan will make me admit that the night was all about me and what I wanted to do.  Truth be told, I had so much fun.  I always think to myself, "It'd be so fun to get the cousins together for fun crafting and activities" but then I get drowned in a schedule of cleaning, laundry and activities.  It was awesome to take a few hours out to just ENJOY these precious little lights of mine.
Off to dream up the next party!

1 comment: